For growth and vital activity plants like other living organisms need nutrition. Part of the nutrients (mineral elements and nitrogen) of plants are obtained from the soil by sucking them in by the root system, and organic matter is synthesized by themselves with the help of carbon dioxide and water.
The main nutrients required by the plant organism in large quantities and obtained from the soil, substrate or nutrient solution are nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (known by the abbreviation NPK). They are called macronutrients. But these are far from all the chemical elements that plants need. Many chemicals, called microelements, play a huge role in the life of a plant, but they are needed in much smaller quantities than the same nitrogen, and their deviation from natural norms, both smaller and larger, are destructive for plants.
- Nitrogen - an essential element for the vegetation of plants. Especially necessary for plants during the period of active growth;
- Phosphorus plays an essential role in the reproduction of plants, and therefore is necessary during the flowering period and for high-quality fruiting;
- Potassium is responsible for the growth of the root system and is the material of the structure of the membranes of plant cells. It also influences the ripening of fruits.
- Magnesium is an incredibly important chemical element that is part of chlorophyll, and therefore in the synthesis of organic substances;
- Iron plays an important role in the respiratory processes;
- Copper participates in the metabolism of carbohydrates and proteins. It forms plant resistance to fungal diseases;
- Zinc plays an important role in protein synthesis and cell division. With zinc starvation a discharge of fruits is observed;
- Manganese plays an important role in metabolism and photosynthesis;
- Cobalt activates many enzymes;
- Molybdenum affects cellular respiration and nitrogen metabolism;
- Boron is a very important microelement the lack of which leads to a failure in the transport of substances in the plant organism, dropping of the ovary and impaired growth of the root system.
The substrate on which the crop is grown does not always contain the necessary nutrients in the proper amount. In such cases, fertilizers and growth stimulants come to the rescue, these are products containing certain chemicals designed to correct the lack of nutrients and protect plants from starvation.
Advantages of fertilizers:
- they are applied on any crop in protected and open ground;
- they increase the resistance to stress of the plant organism; contribute to an increase in productivity;
- help in the prevention and treatment of diseases;
- promote the growth of the root system;
- improve the rooting of cuttings;
- stimulate the production of phytohormones.
If you want to buy fertilizers or plant growth stimulants, contact the managers of the company ECOCULTURE. We will find a full range of products necessary for full nutrition of plants and obtaining a high yield.